........Girls Exploring Technology, Science, and Engineering Together
GetSet is an extra-curricular enrichment program for Tri-Valley high school girls with interests in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Through field trips, hands-on workshops and networking events, GetSet is designed to encourage the exploration of a variety of STEAM related careers and demonstrate the link between current classes and future careers.
Like us on Facebook!
GetSet in the News!
Click here to see this Independent article about GetSet's Dinner With a Scientist event.
Questions? Contact Ms. Cabading in the Career Center for a program pamphlet, registration materials, and more information. You may walk-in, call 606-4812 x2330, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GetSet includes the possibility to attend:
Fun, interactive, hands-on Workshops
All workshops take place from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- October 20: Architecture, Livermore HS, Rm. 206
- November 15: Physics, Amador Valley HS, Rm. D-1
- December 1: Anatomy, Dublin HS, Rm K-208
- December 8: Food Science, Foothill HS, Rm. A-1
- January 24: Engineering, Amador Valley HS, Rm. G-1
- February 16: Machine Tools/ Manufacturing, Granada HS, Rm. 603
2016-2017 Field Trips:
- October 14: LAM Research
- November 3: Sandia National Laboratory
- January 19: Facebook
- February 1: CSU East Bay, Nursing and Health Science Departments
- March 3: Livermore Airport
STEM Networking Opportunity
- March 16: Dinner with a Scientist, Amador Valley HS, Multi-Purpose Room